Thursday, December 01, 2005

Joining the Club...

Well, Christian, you will have to break it to Matthew that if I did not relinquish my place in the Home Churchers Who Don't Blog Club by moving, I will have to be booted out for caving to peer pressure and getting a blog. Sorry Matthew.

Today is my 19th birthday, and I decided to celebrate by doing something new. What sparked this getting a wonderful birthday present and thinking "if I had a blog, I'd write about this."

So now I do, and I shall.

On Monday, we took a trip to the friendly neighborhood harp store to drop my poor little harps off for repair. The weekend before had been a very bad one for my harps. One got wet on Saturday, and on Sunday I realized that one had a fracture in one of the seams.

Upon arriving at Melody's, after pointing out to my mom the size harp that I eventually wanted to move up to, I proceeded to shop for music. After a few moments Mom asked which of the two 38 string harps I liked better.

"I don't know, they are both nice" I responded rather indifferently (I was very busy shopping for music)

As you have probably gathered, I came home with a harp. When my grandparents sold our house recently they gave my mom some money from the sale (unbeknownst to me), and my dear mother and sister decided to spend it on a harp. I didn't argue.


Here is a picture of my harp on the harp site (since the digital camera is not our friend today) http://www.salviharps.it/pages/index.pl

So, this has been a lovely day.

Merisha




9 comments:

Leah said...

Happy birthday, Blondie! Welcome to blogging.

Leah

Robin said...

Welcome to blog world, dear. Happy harping :)

Jessica McDonald said...

I'm so glad that you finally gave in to all that peer pressure, Marisha dear! :D
I can't wait to read your future posts!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Leah.

Jessica, you misspelled my name. But I still love you.

Simply Tiffany said...

Many loving welcomes to my dear "new sister!" 'Tis very strange to have a sister that I didn't know until she was just about to turn 19! lol Same age as old me! Hehe...We could almost be twins!!!!

Love you, dear! Many happy returns of the day!

Jessica McDonald said...

oops. :D lol. Sorry...M-E-R-I-S-H-A! :D

James said...

Happy birthday! Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging!

Matthew can't hold out by himself for long now, he'll sucumb to peer pressure eventually.

James

Unknown said...

Tiffany,
Yeah, kind of funny how that happens...

James,
Thanks.
I don't know... I think I would be surprised if Matthew ever decided that bogging is not stupid. Let me know if he does though.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday dear merisha
happy birthday to you!!

I MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY! you should definitly fly over here sometime and we can have some quality cousin time. i love you!
emmy