Friday, November 17, 2006

Robin and the minor prophets

I thought you would be amused by this exchange between Robin and myself this morning (which Robin allowed me to post, since I thought it was humorous).

Robin had just received a text message, and when I asked what it was about, the following dialog took place: “Cole just had a test on the prophets in Old Testament class.”

“Oh really? How did he do?”

“He said he did fine until he got to the minor prophets. I told him that they all get mixed up in my head too, which isn’t true but I was trying to make him feel better. Of course, I thought it was true when I said it, but after I sent it I thought ‘that’s not true, I know my minor prophets.’ ”
“Really,” I replied “so what is the major theme of Joel?” “Ummmm... Hum. I dunno. Why did you ask about Joel? Couldn’t you have asked about Lamentations or something?”

“Lamentations is a major prophet, it’s written by Jeremiah.”

“Oh yeah, but it’s so short, I get it confused with the minor prophets! But anyway, I remember the one who married the harlot. What’s his name again?”

“Somehow I don’t think that that would help on a test.”

“Sure it would, if it where multiple choice. Hmm, I do know about Jonah though.”

“Um, Robin, I think he probably answered all of the answers about Jonah correctly.”

Oh, probably so...” At this point she started to leaf through her Bible, than said with a rather bewildered look that is all her own: “I’m really convicted. I don’t know my minor prophets.”

2 comments:

James said...

Lol, very funny.

I for one, know All about the minor prophets. Especially Isiah. :P

Unknown said...

Haha, glad to hear it!