Saturday, July 07, 2012

More Birthday Fun

So, I didn't actually post pictures of Adelin's party, or the cake that took the better part of the day I should have actually been, you know, shopping for the food I was going to feed the guests and all that. It wasn't as cute as it was going to be in my head, but it was a lot cuter than some of the pictures I found when searching for ideas. 

Better late than never, I always say!


 Here's the butter cream icing. I didn't really like it once I got it made. I need a better recipe. 

 I started with a 9x13 cake
 Cut it to shape...
 And iced it.
 Here's my "elevation"

 Did you know you can buy fondant already tinted? It's very handy.

 This was supposed to be a naptime project, but someone woke up early and wanted to help.


 Here's the first shoe. I was pretty darn proud of it. 

 The second one kind of flopped.
 See?

 Adelin said she didn't care.

 The wonderful thing about fontont: when little fingers mess with the cake,
 it just makes an indentation, not a big, gaping hole.


 Here's the cake table
 Adelin said she didn't care that the top shoe sagged.
 Neither did the other girls, it seems.




 Opening up birthday presents is so much fun!

 She loves it!



"The only thing is, the grownups keep taking my cool new stuff away and giving me another box to open"

She had a very happy day. Most of the kids I invited weren't able to come, but who needs kids when there are hordes of doting grandparents to be had? We are very blessed to have most of our families within driving distance. The kids love getting to see their grandparents and great-grandparents all the time! My mom's parents lived close when I was little, and time with them has been SO wonderful over the years. I'm glad my girls will get to experience that too.

1 comment:

SimplyTiffany said...

Grandparents are the best! Wish my parents lived closer.....