Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Procrastination and Perfectionism

I've read that procrastination and perfectionism are often related. One is unwilling to do something if it can't be done perfectly (and honestly, what can?) and therefore procrastinates a task 'till it's either not longer worth doing at all or at it's way to close to the due date and one runs out of time to do it even very well. I've probably got 20 blog posts in various stages on completion, some of which were actually timely or decent when they were written, but their relevance is mostly past. So, I'm resolving to post things that are less that perfect. I love to write, but don't often take the time to put my thoughts down on paper (or, um, webpage) these days, but I'm going to try to use a little self discipline to actually do things that I enjoy and get something out of instead of burning my little bits of not-otherwise-completely-occupied time perusing facebook or looking for more stuff that I don't need on Amazon.

So anyway. My kids are huge. I have a new(ish) baby, Elijah Caedmon, otherwise known as Baby Superman. When I found out I was expecting a boy, Andrew asked the girls what we should name him. "Ianna" was the first suggestion, followed by "Adelin."
"No, girls, we need a boy name."
"Oh." Ianna replied. "Is Superman a boy name?"
"Well, yeah..."
So that was that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if you ask the girls, they will still tell that his name is Baby Elijah Superman.


 Isn't he a DOLL?
 Here's out (no longer so little) family. The girls adore their baby brother, and it's all I can do to keep their little hands off him long enough for him to sleep. He was 6 months this weekend, and I can't believe how time has flown.

Here he is on his 6 month birthday. He's fat, and cute.


No comments: